We kicked if off with a bike ride along the river trail. Davey ate it face first in a pile of soft dirt. There's nothing dirtier than a kid that's rolled in soft dirt. I remember Hannah Boone and soft dirt one summer at high school camp...

We celebrated our ride with a litte jamba juice. Has anyone tried the matcha shots? Yum!

We've hit Weinerschnitzel for dinner two of the three Saturdays we've been here in town, and I think it might become a weekend tradition with us. To have one meal a week where no one's complaining is priceless. The kids dig the ice cream guaranteed after.

We headed to Whiskeytown Sunday morning. It was perfect, hardly anyone there, the kids were happy, it was peaceful. The big focus for the kids is to swim out to this raft. Trav was a champ and and took the kids out four times. I tried once. I got in up to my knees and wimped out in the cold water. Trav's a better person than I am.

Davey and I got some cuddle time on the beach.

I love this picture b/c there was a time when Jonah would never have let Davey sit on him like this. More and more Jonah lets Davey snuggle and wrestle with him. It is SO gratifying to watch after years of Jonah trying to avoid Davey at all costs. They're getting to be buddys now. Maybe it's b/c they're roommates and there's "no girls allowed" anymore.

Good times. You feel more ready for a busy week after a bit of rest and hanging together!
3 comments:
I am glad you had some time off together how nice. I must say I can't remember what it is like having two days off in a row. We are so happy that you are here and part of our family.
that sounds WONDERFUL and definitely like a mini vacation.
come on...the next time you see Audrey won't be when she is 30, you will see her way before then...ppssshhh...you won't get to see Audrey walk, talk, and date...come on!!!
Post a Comment