And then reality hits and you realize that you're not really connected anywhere yet and you're doing the dailiness of life without community and relationship with others and it feels pretty sad. I miss my family and my neighborhood peeps that I was doing life with. Thank goodness the Lances are here or this stage would be truly unbearable!
I decided to give myself a month to be a hermit and "nest" in our new home and process all this big change we made in our lives. I've reached the halfway mark so I only have two weeks to go till I have to get out there and start meeting people. I know we'll build community again, but I also know that it takes a good amount of time. I feel tired thinking about doing it, but I know it will be good for me.
Trav is flying out today to Riverside for a friend's wedding and I'm really jealous that I don't get to go. I tried to convince myself that driving twenty hours with my three children to spend three days down there would be worth it, but Trav talked me down. I know he's right, but now I have a long weekend ahead with me and the kiddos and it's 100 degrees outside so my options for entertainment seem limited.
By the way, I wear glasses now. I noticed I was furrowing my brows when I read and holding my books up closer, so now I have my JLO's for reading. They were free with my insurance and I didn't care enough to pay more to not have my glasses say JLO on the side. I think they make me look smart.
4 comments:
VP Nominee Sarah Palin? Tell me you can see it...
Wow, honey, you look GOOD in those glasses. Serious.
you mean v-pilf? I can kinda see it.
OK, this isn't really Mom, Annie. And you look way better than Palin.
Post a Comment