
I've probably drank Starbucks more these last five weeks than I ever have. What on earth? Before moving to Redding I maybe got Starbucks 2x a week at most. It's expensive, it's more like a treat than an essential. But I find myself at Starbucks almost every single day and yes, sometimes twice a day, with the whole "treat receipt" deal they got going. I just realized I've been four days in a row today with plans for meeting a friend there on Friday.
I was pondering on this transition of Starbucks from once in a while treat to my daily must have. What happened? My guess is that in a time of transition where everything about my life has changed except for having the same husband and three kids, Starbucks is my one consistent. No matter what kind of day I'm having or state of mind I'm in, holding a cup of Starbucks has always made me feel better. I think subconsciously I've sought out Starbucks so much b/c it's comforting and familiar when everything else is different. I guess it's cheap therapy, or maybe not. Such a bummer that my need for Starbucks has increased now that Trav doesn't work there anymore and we don't get any more fun discounts.
3 comments:
i choose starbucks up here for the very same reason. it's familiar and comforting. reminds me of "home."
and now they're fall drinks are out so it's even more enticing! :)
hmmm...what's been your favorite drink? any new ones? i too am finding that i want to go to starbucks almost everyday. i think it's a stress reliever treat. drink up!
I don't even like coffee...but something about walking into starbucks just calms me...I so get what you are saying Annette :)
I am back in Redding...looking forward to seeing you!
Post a Comment