
My one year plan was up, so the timing was right to upgrade my phone, get a local number.
Am I sad to change my old number? Yes.
Is it ridiculous to get sentimental over a number? Probably.
I identify my old 951 number with happy memories and people I love. It's like I just severed another tie to my old life, and it makes me feel sad. Taking on a new number is like accepting a new identity. I like the old and familiar. As much as I talk up adventure I really don't like change.
Plus now I have a new phone with all these capabilities that will take me hours to learn just how to do the simple stuff and I'll probably never learn how to use half the other options on my phone. I clam up with new technology. What I want is for Trav to learn everything about my phone and then show me what to do. That's what I want.
No comments:
Post a Comment