
I just got home last night from celebrating my dear friend Alyssa's 30th birthday! Her husband Dan planned to fly me down to Riverside to surprise her about six weeks ago and we pulled it off! It was so fun to spend a whole weekend together, we drank lots of tea, had lots of chats, and great visits with friends. It was such a blessing to be able to visit with everyone and catch up. It was fun to surprise everyone else too!
There were so many "highs" on my visit, but the one that takes the cake was going to see the musical "Wicked" at the Pantages Theatre in LA with Alyssa. You know how everyone keeps saying how amazing it is? They're not lying! We were in awe at everything, the costumes, the set, the music, the acting, all amazing! I was moved to tears several times and not just b/c the lady behind us was singing and commentating throughout either. It was great great fun and I highly recommend it to anyone so inclined to enjoy a good show!
I felt very content and full getting back on the plane to come home. My re-entry home here after visits to Riverside has been pretty rough up to now, but I was ok coming home. I was pleasantly surprised by that. I LOVED getting to see my friends, have a great breakfast with my mother-in-law, and catch a few of our high school students, but it's a little easier to be accepting that my life looks a little different now. Not totally easier, just a wee bit. I tried to weasle my way out of Women's Bible Study this morning b/c I wanted to be a little bit moody and Payton had a headache, so I thought, "perfect! I gotta stay home with her!" But she snapped out of it and eventually so did I. And of course I'm glad I went, God had a good word for me this morning on trusting and resting in him, even though I cannot see how it will all work out yet. I hate being stretched.
Anyhoo, Dan, Alyssa, I loved my weekend, thank you so very much. I can't wait till you embrace the NorCal baby! I've got a bumper sticker ready for you...
No comments:
Post a Comment