I don't know why I gave Jonah this nickname, but he's had it for years. I really can't explain most of the nicknames I give my poor kids.
He has been such a crack up the last few weeks! His latest interest is being told stories. He wants to hear stories about when someone was surprised or hurt themselves and the stories always have to include the ages of the people involved and what exclamation they gave when they were surprised or hurt. He'll constantly prompt you to give this information if you forget and leave it out. Trav started it when he told a story about falling on a cactus and saying "Yow!" We now have heard stories of bike accidents, volleyball injuries, cheerleading stunts gone awry (that's mine) and various others, but we're starting to run out of exclamations. So far we've used, googalee goo!, yipee ki yay!, Yowzers, and a few more that I can't even repeat they're so bizarre phonetically.
I now hear Jonah making up his own stories. Yesterday he said that when Trav was 14 and He was 12, Jonah got thrown on a beach by a tiger and he ran into a tire and yelled "yippee ki yay!" He has the most vivid imagination.
Age being so important to him, he also uses it to get a dig in at you if you are displeasing him. Last week Trav and I were making him wear long sleeves b/c it was raining and his outfit choice is always mesh shorts, t-shirt, and flip flops no matter what the weather is, so he was very upset. He pointed at me in anger and said, "You're one years old!" and to Trav he said, "And you're three years old! And I'm just forty five!!" He delivered it with passion and we knew just how serious the situation had become. I think I was the lowest age b/c I was pushing the long sleeves the most vocally, at least that's what I think.
He now has his friend Daniel over from school and Davey's been napping so they have had the house to themselves. It has been great to watch them interact. They've played together perfectly this whole time, entertaining themselves without needing any direction from me, taking turns when playing a game, and now Jonah is telling all his make believe stories to Daniel and Daniel doesn't seem to mind. Life is good.
He has been such a crack up the last few weeks! His latest interest is being told stories. He wants to hear stories about when someone was surprised or hurt themselves and the stories always have to include the ages of the people involved and what exclamation they gave when they were surprised or hurt. He'll constantly prompt you to give this information if you forget and leave it out. Trav started it when he told a story about falling on a cactus and saying "Yow!" We now have heard stories of bike accidents, volleyball injuries, cheerleading stunts gone awry (that's mine) and various others, but we're starting to run out of exclamations. So far we've used, googalee goo!, yipee ki yay!, Yowzers, and a few more that I can't even repeat they're so bizarre phonetically.
I now hear Jonah making up his own stories. Yesterday he said that when Trav was 14 and He was 12, Jonah got thrown on a beach by a tiger and he ran into a tire and yelled "yippee ki yay!" He has the most vivid imagination.
Age being so important to him, he also uses it to get a dig in at you if you are displeasing him. Last week Trav and I were making him wear long sleeves b/c it was raining and his outfit choice is always mesh shorts, t-shirt, and flip flops no matter what the weather is, so he was very upset. He pointed at me in anger and said, "You're one years old!" and to Trav he said, "And you're three years old! And I'm just forty five!!" He delivered it with passion and we knew just how serious the situation had become. I think I was the lowest age b/c I was pushing the long sleeves the most vocally, at least that's what I think.
He now has his friend Daniel over from school and Davey's been napping so they have had the house to themselves. It has been great to watch them interact. They've played together perfectly this whole time, entertaining themselves without needing any direction from me, taking turns when playing a game, and now Jonah is telling all his make believe stories to Daniel and Daniel doesn't seem to mind. Life is good.
2 comments:
you know, for so many years i've not wanted my own kids. i still don't think i want any. however, our stories each day remind me why they are so special. i love reading about how funny and creative they are and how you and trav respond.
miss you guys.
oops....
should say YOUR stories, not "our" stories. :)
Post a Comment