Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Why I love living where we do


So I mentioned in my last blog that my morning started out a bit moody, but I snapped out of it and made it to Bible Study which was great.

Afterwards my sister and I met for coffee with Jonah and Davey at Bad Ass Coffee downtown. I know the name may be a bit offensive, but it's a Hawaiian place with donkeys everywhere and they have a tumble area for kids to play with mats and cushioned building blocks. I mean, where else am I going to be able to have coffee and some what of a conversation while my three and five year old are entertained? Too bad Jonah can read and asks to go there by name. Is that bad? We refer to it as Bad A coffee, but what can you do. There was another boy in there about three years, totally tackling and beating up my boys. Jonah laughed, but Davey not so much, he tried to shrink smaller and give dirty looks to discourage any foul play.

Then Vicki takes Jonah for the rest of the afternoon to hang with her at the beach (she lives one block away!) and the park while I take Davey to pick up Payton.

We get home, put Davey down for a nap and my mom stops by to see if Payton wants to go to the Farmer's Market. Of course she does. They have a great time and she comes home with this pumpkin she got to decorate there for free. Meanwhile, I had the house to myself which I took full advantage of. I kept the music off while I cleaned, I'm trying to be more quiet when I'm alone so I can talk to God less distractedly and listen better too. Sitting quietly I'm still working on.

I love that I got to hang with my sister at a moment's notice, that she took my son to spend quality time together with him at the beach, I love that my mom stops in to take Payton to the farmer's market and she gets to do this great creative project there. It's a blessing living more in community in my family and being able to do it here in my hometown. I didn't even know what I was missing out on relationship wise being so far away for so many years. I always thought my mom and I got along so well b/c we lived far apart, but now I live in her backyard and see her everyday and I love her more. It's good to be home. If I could only move T's family and our friends here too, I'd have it all!!!

No comments: