Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Police

I LOVE this album, The Police, Every breath you take-The Classics. It's the best and totally takes me back to the year I was 18 and my crazy friend Lillie Reynolds and I spent so much time together. I can still picture her singing the songs at the top of her lungs while we were driving.
Anyhoo, I listen to it a lot and pretty loud b/c you can't listen to it quietly, and my kids have picked up on it. They have their favorite songs now, one being Roxanne and a few days ago Davey was requesting the song, "about the brother gonna kill me!" He kept saying it over and over and I didn't get it until I remembered "I can't stand losing you" Am I bad mother?:) I love listening to MY music with my kids at full blast with all of us belting it out. Are there any other parents out there with me on this? You can only blast the wiggles, imagination movers, and baby einstein for so long before you start to question reality.
Perhaps one day my own children will be in the record store (did I say record?) and will come across The Police and buy it b/c it brings back good memories of us together in the car and images of me, their crazy mom, singing at the top of my lungs. Ah, and the legacy is passed on...

5 comments:

TheEpicBeat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jess mac said...

I am with ya girl! I can't handle the kids choirs and plinky synths either. Rock on-what a great memory.

rev rock said...

Zeke was singing Dashboard in the backyard today and he regularly asks to listen to U2, I think we raised him right! (this is Alyssa by the way)

Sara Anthony said...

Your Police reminds me of mom with ABBA when we were kids. Good memories!

lovemyguys said...

My kids can't STAND kid music. Robbie loves Queen, Barenaked Ladies, Alien Ant Farm, Michael Jackson (mostly Smooth Criminal from these last two) etc. Cam just likes anything that makes Robbie happy. He's such a sweet litle brother.