Saturday, October 6, 2007

Blasted Angelina

So we have this stray outdoor cat that has adopted us who Payton has named Angelina. She's really sweet and is always looking in all our windows and curls around your legs when you're outside. My mom has said numerous times, "that cat is going to trip me one of these days!" and is always stressed about her rubbing up against her feet and legs. I always smirked inwardly like, "oh mom, just relax", but of course it's me that eats it instead. I was carrying an armload of coats from the car to the house and I could feel her under my foot, so I tried not to put weight down and move my foot aside before coming down, but wherever my foot was she was and I came crashing down to the asphalt. Payton is CRACKING UP! I'm almost crying but just more mad so I'm sputtering b/c I ripped my jeans that are only two months old, got a cut on my knee, ripped a whole in my favorite socks, busted my toe, busted my elbow, AND tore my flip flop and it's irreparable (yes I wear socks with flip flops casually around the house).
Once Payton realized I was hurt she went and got me boo boo cleaner, neosporin, and a band aid and doctored my knee up like an expert. It was sweet to have my seven year old minister to me and it brought me back to a healthier perspective. But I'm still mourning the socks and the jeans and the flip flops are in the trash. We haven't seen the poor cat since the incident. I don't even know if I landed on her or not!

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I am sorry but I was cracking up while reading this, it was not funny to you, but really funny to me because I could picture the whole incident happening! Love ya, I would be really ticked about the jeans also!