Saturday, November 3, 2007

Some perks of my job




I've been subbing at Jonah's pre-school this Fall. Some weeks I'll get one day, another I'll get three to four, it just depends how sick everyone is. I was really hesitant to start working again. I'm obsessed with protecting our family's pace of life and I love being available to help out in the kids classes at school and be the one to take them to school and pick them up. Especially now that Payton's dating already.
I've enjoyed being at the pre-school much more than I thought. I get to take Davey with me and Jonah too on days he's not already in class. I love that I get to watch them and be with them and still be able to work. Sometimes it's conflicting, if Davey's tired and wants to be held a lot, I feel torn about being there. But most of the time he loves being a big boy and going to school. A couple of the older boys have taken him under their wing and he is happy to be led around by them.
Jonah doesn't care to have me there as much. He gets upset on days that I go and says, "No Mrs. Osborne! Mommys are not supposed to go to school!" He'll cooly ignore any instruction or correction I have for him at school just to prove his point. I don't know how to be his mom and his teacher at the same time. We've arranged with the other teachers to let them "handle" him when he's acting out and keep me out of it as much as possible. Poor guy, I want to respect his space, we're working on it.
On Wednesday Davey was sitting at circle time with all the kids and just decides to take his shirt off. So he's chillin in his jeans with no shirt on like nothing's amiss. I go over to help him get his shirt on and he says, "But I want to be like Daddy!!" If any of you no Trav, it's hilarious b/c he doesn't even take his shirt off at the beach very much let alone to hang out at the house. He doesn't wear a shirt to bed and the boys always insist on going topless to bed as well. Apparently Davey is translating that to public places now too. You gotta love kids.

No comments: