


So Payton has a new man in her life, his name is Gunnar. I overheard her singing to herself a few days ago, "I like him, I love him, a lot, a lot, a lot". Trying not to act alarmed, I asked who she was singing about and she was quite open although a little hesitant to dish. She likes him b/c he's nice and he doesn't scribble (Payton's a perfectionist so this is HUGE:) She had P (heart) G on the palm of her hand and everything! She's 7!!
So I'm trying to play it cool but dialogue about it, keep the communication open, etc. Apparently he asked her to be his girlfriend and she said yes. I asked her if they hug, and yes they do. I had her show me how he hugs her and she squeezed me in a death grip!!! I breathed deeply and demonstrated the trusty "side hug". We also covered that we're not hand holding or kissing for that matter. She asked why not about the kissing and that took an interesting turn...
We ended with being excited that he's a neat friend and they have lots of fun together, so I felt the first boyfriend talk was fairly successful. I told her I'd take a picture of them the next day at the Halloween parade, but I only caught him in the crowd. He is cute don't you think? Who could resist all those freckels?
So I chatted with Mrs. Herceg, her teacher who the sun rises and sets on for Payton. She adores Mrs. Herceg and her word tops anything Trav and I could ever say. She brought up Payton and Gunnar hanging out together and said she told them that they could be very good friends but that they couldn't be boyfriend or girlfriend till they were 15. Done! It was that easy. Payton totally accepted that it's just the way it is. Yay for Mrs. Herceg!! She is the nicest lady and I love that I have someone I trust watching my daughter's back for her. We have such a long road ahead of us...
PS Mrs. Herceg was dressed up for Halloween, it's not her usual school attire, but who wouldn't want to dress like that everyday for work!
4 comments:
I am so scared that you are already having boyfriend talks with Payton!!! I am so not ready for that ever!
Oh my goodness. This completely freaks me out! Now I want Annie to stay 5 and in kindergarten forever! I love that you got her teacher to back you up. Annie's the same way - what her teacher says goes, but she doesn't even pretend to listen to us.
hahahaha...I love that she had the P heart G thing on her hand.
I am so dead.
i was boy crazy from the womb.
i think my first "boyfriend" was in kindergarten. his name was tim. haha we sat on the bus and held hands and i kissed him on the cheek. and then his family moved away. i think i've been traumatized ever since. this probably isn't making you feel any better. :)
it sounds like your talk was great! and to end it on a positive note is awesome. im almost 30 and i still don't have very detailed talks about boys with my mom. payton is such a lucky gal. her mom is rad.
xoxo
Post a Comment