Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My "Growth Area"

So I completed my Fall Session of Women's Bible study last night. I was a table leader for six lovely ladies for seven weeks and it was a great experience for me. I was very blessed by the women I met and did life with for this study and I'm grateful I did it. I was highly stressed going into it however. Walking into a room full of people and sitting at a table of ladies that I've never met before and leading them is not my cup of tea. I knew that God had burdened my heart to step out and do it regardless and I was obedient to that, although there were a few tears and meltdowns along the way. My first day I "worried" a napkin in my hands the entire hour until it was completely mutilated and shredded. I didn't even notice till I released my grip finally when it was time to go.
More than once I drove to the Bible study feeling completely inadequate, void of anything to give to the women and praying that God would meet me there and take over, and he always did. It was painful to feel like that but I grew, I was stretched. It was painful for Trav to, I'm not nice to be around when I'm agitated, sorry dear.
I knew I was an introvert before, but I think it was cleverly disguised by being at the Grove for 11 years and being surrounded by people I knew and had history with. It was home. Now every time I go to church I'm surrounded by people I don't know or barely know and I just want to retreat, it's very defeating for me. It's a challenge, my growth area, yay for me.

2 comments:

La Rodriga said...

Is it bad that when I saw the title of your blog on my reader that I was assuming this "growth area" was what one of your kids called their private parts! Did I just say that??? I guess I did...that's what I was thinking. Then, I read your blog and felt like my mind was in the gutter!

Old Skool said...

Is there any way we can filter out "la rodriga's" comments? I feel like I need to take a shower after reading her posts...