Thursday, November 15, 2007

A face only a mama could love


I took Davey to the doctor yesterday and he has pneumonia. The doctor was very kind and said the symptoms are hard to tell sometimes. Whatever, I still feel terrible. He's on antibiotics and the road to recovery now. We're thankful for that.
You can see he has his sippy of gatorade and a trusty stick of dried papaya by his side. He doesn't want to eat it yet, but he doesn't want to share it with his bro and sis who are hovering close by waiting for him to fall asleep. And yes, he is still just only wearing underwear, although we've changed them recently.
Trav has been sleeping with Jonah in his twin bed the last two nights while Davey takes over our bed with me. He's been a restless sleeper and just kicks me and "kneads" me with his feet all night. I asked him to stop kicking me last night and he replied indignantly, "But Mommy! I need somewhere to push my feet!!" He's so uncomfortable, I guess I should be happy to meet this need with my bruised body. We have another day of baby holding and videos ahead, but I can see the light, we're almost through.

3 comments:

escamillaweddings said...

ohhhh poor lil guy.
i don't think i would have the slightest clue if someone had the flu or pneumonia either. i thought people with pneumonia had awful coughs? ah well, i pray he gets better very soon!

camelita? said...

Oh. I'm so sorry.
Annie has been coughing for a week and I've been avoiding taking her to the doctor because our insurance doesn't kick in until December. I really should take her. Now I feel like a bad mom!

camelita? said...

Oh. And that's exactly how Jonah sleeps in our bed. Drives me batty. And it's never Joel he's kicking or rolling on top of. Just me. And he likes to play (pull) with my hair. All. Night. Long.