Tuesday, November 6, 2007

QT with Jo-Jo




I have been somewhat challenged relationally when it comes to my son Jonah. He has always loved Trav and has had this easy bond with him since he was really little. I feel like Jonah and I go head to head more with our dailiness and being with each other all day every day. I've been looking for ways he and I can have fun together and it finally clicked that every day we have at least an hour alone together while Payton's at school and Davey's napping.
Jonah LOVES to play board games. It's his love language. So that's what we do, and now, as soon as Davey goes down Jonah's already pulling out a game and setting it up for us. We laugh together and I get to see his dimple come out more. I get to see him thoughtfully offer me a "first turn" and wait patiently for his. He really is the coolest kid. I let him take the picture of me here with my stinky brand new camera that already broke once. I was nervous to hand it over to him but the reward was his proud smile at doing it by himself. He has the best laugh.

1 comment:

Sara Anthony said...

I know this is off the subject, but the little house always looks so cute whenever I see pictures of it!

I miss Jones' lil' dimple...