Monday, November 19, 2007

My walk to Jonah's school





This is the walk I make to Jonah's school a few times a week to pick him up. It takes me about 10-12 minutes when I'm by myself and 20-30 with Davey in tow. Every time I walk this path I can't believe this is where I live! I grew up here for 11 years and I never noticed our Fall colors before, but we actually have them, and it's beautiful. I love the sound of falling leaves and watching them slowly make their way to the ground. I love that my kids fight over who gets to use the big broom to sweep them all off the driveway and then play in the big pile they make. I love that I can drink my 3-5 cups of hot tea a day and wear my scarves and warm fleece clothing everyday. I love the crisp blue sky that shines through every mid day after the morning fog burns off. I am drinking in our surroundings, after being here almost nine months I'm definitely getting my heart set on staying.
On that note we got to enjoy part of this walk with the Risinger family yesterday when they came up to visit! We always have a good time with them, and it was great to see Kathy and Heather and catch up with them too. Kathy and Patti did stop us a few times for their picture taking, but I had just done the exact same thing with these pictures a few days before. You can't resist! It's a little renewal for me to be with people I have history with and can be completely myself around. I still feel like I have to be "on" when I'm hanging out with our friends here and putting my best foot forward. I don't even realize I'm doing it until I see friends like the Risingers and I'm reminded of what it feels like to be normal. Thanks Risingers for my afternoon of being normal!

4 comments:

jess mac said...

What beauty. I go to Oak Glen for my Fall fix. I am jealous you have it everyday! We have a trip planned for March 25 through 31. We can't wait to come.

escamillaweddings said...

oh so pretty!

i've been noticing our fall colours down here more this year also. im not sure why, but i don't care. i think autumn is becoming my favourite season. :)

rev rock said...

I am so glad the Risingers are close by to hang out with. I am in need of a good walk through the forest. Rest is coming soon I keep telling myself! love ya

rev rock said...

that was me, alyssa, Dan never logs out so I always end of leaving comments under his name!