
We were at our friend's fifth birthday party today across the street and Jonah was having one of his days. He didn't want to listen to what "grown ups say, just what children say", it's his new phrase. It all went down very fast with a climax of Jonah hitting Trav and Trav making a quick exit home with him. After chilling out, Trav brought him back to the party, just in time for cake. The cake had walnuts in it, did I check? No. It's a major allergy for him. He starts crying and saying he can't swallow anything and his throat hurts. I couldn't believe it, we gave him three teaspoons of benadryll and then Trav ran home with him for the epipen just incase while Jonah was salivating and drooling b/c he couldn't swallow. It was a very horrid and intense several minutes for us.
I followed behind as fast as I could carrying Davey, all 80 pounds of him, on a lovely steep mountain road. I make it home, and Davey runs into the bathroom and pees about 1/2 gallon all over the bathroom floor and loses it b/c he's devastated over his "askident". Davey gets cleaned up, put in bed. We give Jonah one more teaspoon for good measure and watch him slowly relax and calm down, he could eat and drink again. Trav and I sat on the couch with him for a couple of hours and our bodies slowly started to feel normal again, we were so jittery and anxious from the adrenaline going. Jonah is asleep on top of Trav right now. They've both been out for awhile.
Davey woke up from his nap with a fever so he's laying next to me in his underwear on the couch. They have a Harley Davidson on the back so we call him "Chopper Buns" whenever he wears them. Kids are always so pitiful with a fever, I love how cuddly they are, but it's rough sometimes to be cuddly 24/7. Davey's moaning my name over and over as I'm typing so I better run. I'm betting it will be a long night tonight and day tomorrow. Peace.
2 comments:
So sorry I bet that was so scary for Jonah. Hope the weekend is relaxing and Davey feels better
Love ya
Oh Annie, what a yucky day. I am glad to read everyone is getting better.
Post a Comment