Sunday, September 30, 2007

Two down, one to go


We had Payton's birthday party yesterday here at our humble abode. We hosted six energetic little girls, our two boys who generated 85% of the noise, and four adults in our 650 sq ft space and did quite well! The girls colored a big cardboard play castle that we bought for Payton, made princess jewelry, and played dress up. But the most fun they had was running around outside screaming in all their finery, chasing each other, and throwing whoever they caught in the castle. I LOVE that kids need so little to entertain themselves. They just need each other and the open, fresh air outside, and they're good to go! The kids fell into bed with little struggle last night and Trav and I were tucked in by 8:00pm as well. We just have Jonah's birthday party this Saturday at a park and then we can breathe easy for another year again.
I better run, Jonah was outside screaming, "Mommeeeeeeeeeeee!! Mommeeeee!!!" as if he was dying, and when I went to the window to see what he needed he calmly asked in a quiet voice, "Can you pull me in the wagon?" He doesn't ask for much so I must meet this request.
Oh, and this picture of Payton and I is from her birthday last year since my camera is still in the shop getting fixed, it's so annoying.

No comments: