

It's only a few minutes after noon and I'm already counting the hours till bed time! We had our first doctor's appointment with our new doctor for the two boys and they were CRAZY!!! To their credit, we were in the office for one hour and fifty minutes, but they happily played with the toys for the first hour or so and then we pleasantly read books together in the examining room. But as soon as the doctor walked in the door it was like someone flipped a switch and they were leaping off of furniture, laying on the top of the couch and falling down on top of each other, yelling, and arguing. It was, in a word, horrific. I couldn't believe I was actually trying to calmly explain to the doctor the boys extensive asthma history while mayhem was happening all around us. The doctor was so wonderful, mello, totally fine with the boys tearing up the room. He was wonderful and I was so thankful. Perhaps he could see that I was on the verge of tears in my desparation to try and get the boys to behave. My last doctor would give me parenting advice and tips on how to control my boys better as you can see why! Anyhoo, I think we are in really good hands with our new doctor and he's definitely going to help us pursue health for our boys with as little medical intervention as possible. Yay someone who's on our team! Anyone willing to walk through this with us to help our boys is a hero in my book. Oh, and I'm making SEPARATE appointments for the boys from now on....
No comments:
Post a Comment