Monday, September 24, 2007

Dabey Doobey

I have a couple fun Davey stories from today. We had the morning to ourselves with Jonah and Payton both in school and he's such a funny kid. First off, Payton got him to carry around a big baby doll named "Sadie" this morning. He took great care with her, took her into the donut shop, held her in the car, it was all very sweet. Then we get home and he started hitting the doll, dropped it on the ground, and then jumped up and landed on her with all his body weight WWWF style. He's such a boy. We walked through the woods to go pick up Jonah from school later and we had about a 100 steps to go up on the last stretch. He was so proud of his hike he shouted, "Hey mommy, wook at my wegs! They're strong!" I will be sad the day he exchanges his w's for l's properly.
He's still a momma's boy and when he woke up crying a few nights ago Trav went to rescue him and Davey was furious it wasn't me. He screamed like a cage animal and kept locking his feet around the bars of his crib so Trav couldn't get him out. He kept shouting "No way Daddy! No way! I want Mommy!" He loves Daddy time any other time of day, but when it comes to the middle of the night he has to have me, which stinks for me. Last night he needed a sippy, he didn't want soy, he wanted juice, he needed to be covered twice, and he came and cuddled with Trav and I for a bit at one point too. It's like nursing a newborn I'm up so much and I'm tired in the mornings. He's the baby though, so I admit I indulge his demands more. I'm sure I'll pay for it later!

2 comments:

MamaSue said...

Can I just say, I would still get up in the night (and drive to Orange County) if Bethany needed me. Sarah and Krista are pretty much out of luck... MamaSue

jess mac said...

Aggie does the same thing to us more so now that Gwyn is here. It took an hour and a half to get them to bed tonight. I hope they sleep for a while.