Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Davey is Three Today!

We celebrated Davey's birthday last night with a little Round Table pizza and unlimited quarters for the video games for the kids which Davey would probably consider his "best night ever". My mom and dad and our good friend Dan Lance joined us. We came home for a little cake and presents which Davey thoroughly enjoyed. He had the cutest, dreamiest look watching his three candles glowing while we sang "Happy Birthday". He ate his cake with no hands, just his face, and managed to eat all the decorations and icing off and leave the cake. We put him to bed with a blue, sticky, yet happy face.
He got some bubblegum and drum sticks that he's been jealously guarding all day from his brother Jonah. I guess Jonah will be getting some drumsticks for his birthday in a week as well now. We got Davey drumsticks b/c he would use sharpened pencils all the time to play drums which always had me highly stressed. I'm normally so laid back it's crazy.
Anyhoo, one successful birthday down, two more to go. We have Payton's tomorrow and Jonah's October 8. Don't ask about the timing of our three children, it's embarrassing. I made cupcakes tonight for Payton's class tomorrow for her birthday and then Friday we'll make her cake for her birthday party Saturday. She's having a "Princess/Ballerina" party. She's seven, and all of her birthday parties have been princess except one ladybug party that I picked b/c she was only two. You can't argue with her, it only makes her more determined, so strap in b/c princess/ballerina it is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"with a blue, sticky, yet happy face."...Classic Literature.

3 years old? He is now a man.

Excellent post, I must say.

jess mac said...

Both my girls were born a week apart. I live with the same embarassment :).