Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Paytie Pop

As I sat down to learn more about my blog Payton started a lively game of "Eyeballs" with her two bros. She's authored a few family games, "tick tock gaggle gock" and "ahh, my boogey" which has nothing to do with boogers. Eyeballs involves bending over with your head to the ground like you're going to do a somersault and kicking your feet up in the air at the person closest to you. There are quite often a few screams and loud smacks against the wall as they fall over into a somersault into each other. I still don't know why it's called "eyeballs" but they love it. The boys love anything she creates and are always game for her latest play invention. She LOVES first grade and her teacher has told us on a few occasions how great she is doing. Mrs. Herceg describes her as sweet, serious, thoughtful, and self-motivated. She's much more independant and doesn't want to hold my hand when we walk to school anymore and tries to say goodbye to me as soon as our feet hit the campus. My feelings aren't hurt by her new autonomy, I'm more amused and try to give her her space.
Anyhoo, I'm on my way to my first Women's Bible Study Leader's meeting tonight at church. I'm a bit apprehensive diving into leading women that I don't really know, but I'll give it a shot and see how I do. Secretly I'm an introvert and I do not enjoy having to be outgoing in a group of people I don't know. Moving has been very challenging in this aspect. But I keep pushing forward...

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

I hope your meeting went well! Tell Payton that eyeballs sounds like a blast, I love her creativity!

Sharon Osborne said...

Payton certainly is very creative, that's one of the reasons I love her so much.
Love, Nana Sharon

jess mac said...

Good to be reading from you! I can't wait until I can be leading table groups! I am still in infancy confinement! How did your meeting go?