Friday, September 28, 2007

Our girl is 7

Payton's birthday was yesterday and she kicked it off with breakfast with Daddy at Heavenly Cafe before school. She indulged in chocolate chip pancakes with strawberries and whip cream. Yum! I picked her up after school and took her to get her first manicure at a nail salon. She was very serious and solemn in the process. She picked out a neon pink color with a second coat of purple glitter (her two favorite colors). You can't miss her nails if you wanted to. Afterwards, we walked across the street to the knitting shop and showed her fanciness to our friend Amber who taught us how to knit. We finished with a trip to the library, which is housed in an old white clapboard church. She and I both love to get books. It was a fun, easy day. Breakfast with Daddy has always been a birthday tradition, but I think manicures with mom later is now one too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun b-day! I think I am the only one in my family who hasn't gotten a manicure and gladly, haha.

Alyssa said...

that sounds so fun, I love traditions with family. That is definetly a keeper