
This is our alarm clock radio/cd player that works perfectly fine except for the latch that's supposed to hold the lid down. We have to weigh the lid down to play anything. Our mug of pens and borrowed season three copy of the office comes in handy here, but we've also lost the pens sliding off a few times. I hate it when something still functions but an important piece breaks, and of course it would cost more to fix probably than to buy a new one, but that makes me more upset. Throwing it in a landfill before it's time and getting a new one just seems wrong.
We had a toaster that we bought and within two weeks, one of our kids brought it crashing to the floor accidentally and the lever wouldn't hold the toast down anymore. But it was only two weeks old! So we tied it down every time we made toast and set the fire alarm off more times than I can remember. My mother-in-law visited, took pity, and got us a shiny new toaster that works properly. But who can you give a broken toaster too? I think I threw it in a garage sale pile anyway to make myself feel better, that maybe it wouldn't end up in the trash yet. Sadly,deep down I know it's sitting in a dump somewhere.
1 comment:
Don't mean to be overly simplistic but I've heard there was this invention called duct tape. People mispronounced it "duck tape" so often that there is now a "duck tape" brand of duct tape. It is handy for many uses and would actually match said device. It would probably be quite useful in holding down the lid of the CD player - and you wouldn't risk life and limb... or big toe.. with that mug full of pens crashing down on you at random. Just a thought :)
Post a Comment