
My boy who cried and felt sick to his stomach the first time he got his card changed from green to yellow in kindergarten is now proudly announcing his card changes to to anyone who will listen! He got not one but TWO yesterday and he happily told his piano teacher and any one he met at Payton's play performance last night at school. It seriously was like, "Hi, I'm Jonah. I got my card changed twice today at school."
Apparently the second card change (to red) means they have to leave the classroom, which he didn't end up having to do but still! What happened to his heart breaking over upsetting his teacher? And where did this exuberance of sharing his shortcomings come in?
Today we were all about "Hey Jonah, what color are you going to keep your card today?", high fiving and whooping it up about keeping it green. As he ran off to class today I yelled, "Keep it green Jonah!!" We can only hope.
2 comments:
Hi Annette,
After our talk the other day on Prop 8 I thought you might be interested in this discussion on facebook. This woman makes some very interesting points as do some of the others who comment. Let me know if you the link doesn't work and we'll figure something else out. http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=45654269600&ref=nf
I have loved reading about Jonah and the saga of the lights. When by brother started school he got a black light, twice. Reading your blog makes me think of how devastated she must have been.j
Post a Comment