
We traveled out to my sister Mary's for the weekend to celebrate my Dad with hiking, napping, good food, and avoiding bear scat. The only thing missing was our dear Sara and Christian who are far away in the shortening days of Sweden. Miss you guys!


The highlight for the kids and my dad was hiking around my sister's house and climbing on all their huge boulders. I admired my kids' free spirits when they were exploring. They were so in the moment, completely unencumbered by any thoughts of responsibility or big decisions looming in their futures. They were filthy, cold, and happy. It made me wishing I was more like them. Still responsible of course, but maybe a little more willing to get dirty and be in the moment. I did end up scrambling a rock with my daughter who invited me with, "Come on Mom, you've got to EXPERIENCE it!!"
1 comment:
I recognize your sister Vicki!! I think we do exercise classes together at the gym, and I've met her there through a mutual friend she works with. I am SO going to make the connection next time I see her...I feel closer to you knowing I'm working out with your sis!
Post a Comment