
Last night Davey found his way into our bed and took it over. I'm super hyper about my sleep. I'm a terrible sleeper, wake up easily, don't fall back asleep very well, and I have never once had a decent night's sleep sharing our bed together with one of our children. I seriously had an eight inch space with which to lay on my side and try not to fall off the bed most of the night. Davey is SO heavy I could barely shove him over to the middle to give me more space.
Of course Trav is asleep the moment his head hits the pillow and is completely unaffected no matter how many little people have climbed in with us. The rest of the night was shot and I kept thinking I should just get up and go sleep in Davey's bed, but I was so tired. And I don't know if any other married folk have experienced this, but I am completely cold when I sleep alone. I'm so used to having Trav next to me that I cannot warm up when I sleep by myself. I always have one of the kids sleep with me when he's gone otherwise I can't sleep.
I should be grateful we're back in our queen bed after a year and a half of sleeping on a double sized futon. Davey still found a way to sleep with us in that bed, and it was miserable. But when I look at this picture I think, "how much longer until none of our kids climb in bed with us?" What sweet times. Even now as I write this Payton is nestled up next to me in bed b/c she needed some cuddle time. I want it all, I want the snuggles, and I want my sleep.
1 comment:
I had the same experience last night. only i didn't let emory stay in our bed long enough for her to fall asleep. Eric let her in the middle and said he take her back down 'in a bit'. ya right! he went right back to sleep. meanwhile i'm tossing and turning while emory is wiggling all around. i had already taken her back to her bed 3 times...it was a rough night.
Post a Comment