But today, Davey and I met with my friend Jackie for coffee and then came home to get the house and food ready for dinner tonight. We're having the worship team for Simpson over and the kids are thrilled to be hosting. They think anyone that comes over is purely here for their enjoyment and benefit. So Davey, who is a faithful helper put on his apron and joined me in making brownies, chopping nuts (it's a safe chopper:), sweeping up the house, and pulling out the extra chairs.

I was so grateful for these quiet moments together with him and the companionsip we shared in our preparations. We had a gentle rhythm to our day today. It made me realize I need to let go of what will happen until God chooses to reveal it to me and just enjoy the present more. As much as there have been challenging moments, I'm SO thankful to have been a stay at home mom with my babies. I just have these two years left with little Davey, I don't want to waste them worrying about what's next.
No comments:
Post a Comment