Thursday, December 11, 2008

What I'm Listening To

The Smiths!

I've been eyeing a Smiths compilation CD at Target for a few weeks now trying to follow Trav's example of not making an impulse purchase. Yesterday I gave in, and all these memories are flooding back from when I listened to them way back in the day. I love their crazy, whimsical, dreamy lyrics, and now I just have to be prepared to answer all of Davey's questions about them like, "why does heaven know he's miserable now? why does a double decker bus crash into them? Why do they want to hang the DJ?" I spend more time explaining the meaning of songs to Davey then listening to them. I figure it's a good thing I never got into gangsta rap.

1 comment:

vanth said...

Why is his girlfriend in a coma? Why did the disco dancer have to die? Sounds pretty serious . . .