Here's my conversation with Trav this morning:
Me: Please get up with me, it's so much more fun when you're up with us while getting ready for school.
Trav: This is my cocoon, I don't want to get up it's so cold.
Me: It's time to spread your wings and become the butterfly you were made to be.
Trav: I like staying in bed b/c the kids come in to snuggle when they wake up.
How can I argue that? It's true, the kids LOVE to jump in bed and get some cuddles and face time with Daddy before starting their day.

Jonah was in the picture originally but it's his custom to leap out of bed as soon as Davey arrives. They're friends now, but not that good of friends. Yet.
I wish I could be the fun cuddler in our morning routine, but I'm all business. Someone has to be! It's all about getting the three of them dressed, fed, out the door with as few meltdowns as possibe, and sliding up to the curb at school just after the first bell and two minutes before the tardy bell rings. It's how we roll. My cuddles come right as they're scooting out of the car, I always give them bear hugs with big kisses as they spill onto the sidewalk and out of my grasp. They usually respond with squeals and complaints but big smiles all at the same time. I'll give "business" mom a break over the holidays and jump in on those early morning snuggles instead, I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment