Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Payton's Dream Came True

Payton has always wanted to live where it snowed, and Sunday afternoon she realized her lifelong dream. She was ecstatic and spent every last minute of daylight hours outside enjoying God's display.

When it was too dark to be outside they sat at the windows watching. I love how quiet snow is when it falls, it's so peaceful.

It was still a winter wonderland when we woke up Monday morning and the drive to school was gorgeous. Payton seriously wore two pairs of tights, two pairs of pants, three shirts, a jacket, beanie, a big scarf wrapped around her neck three times, rain boots, and a huge grin on her face to school. She was so pleased with herself and looked like a stuffed marshmellow.


Now it's freezing with crystal clear blue skies, I love winter. I love being bundled up, drinking tea and coffee, sliding into my parking spot at Starbucks b/c I hit a patch of ice, it's all very exciting. I've always wanted seasons and I think I'm finally realizing a bit of my dream too!

No comments: