Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Luke 2
How many times have I read Luke 2, the story of Jesus' birth? I KNOW the story, I love it, but I read it like an old friend being reminded of a sweet memory not the amazing act of love and miracle that it is. On Sunday as we read it, I felt God's voice speak so clearly, "this is my story, it's not about you, it's about me. My story is enough and I'm still writing it" It struck me the fear the shepherds had when they witnessed God's blazing glory when the angels appeared and they were terrified. God's presence is terrifying so Jesus came in the form of a helpless newborn, a God that you could touch, hold, have relationship with, walk beside, He did that for us. It hit me fresh and new, it was humbling, overwhelming. His story is enough, he is enough, I need to grasp that and rest in it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, I love it Annette, that His story hit you in a fresh way. I am touched by what He spoke to you. Thanks for sharing it!
it makes me happy to think that you live so close by to simpson...and that travis goes home to you every day... and that we sometimes get to come over and have dinner with you, your incredible children, and the Lord's anointing that permeates the very walls of your house.
thanks for reminding me that it is HIS story...
Post a Comment