
We just returned from another visit home to Santa Cruz last weekend. Trav spoke at a winter camp at Mt. Hermon, and the kids and I hung out with family and friends. Payton and I stayed with Trav in Mt. Hermon the last night we were there and she invited me to play "volleyball" with a beach ball on a tennis court. I wasn't super excited, it was freezing out, but I thought, "ok I'll indulge her" and goof around for a bit. She's just as uncoordinated as I and we laughed SO hard the whole time we played. We were silly, there was lots of squealing and stumbling all over the court, and it was awesome.
I don't know if many parents can relate, but it is always a profound moment for me when I share a genuine hard laugh with one of my kids. They crack me up all the time, but it's usually me laughing at them:). Mostly I give a polite chuckle or smile to what they think is funny, so when we are both equally struck with the humor of a situation it always surprises me. Those moments always freeze for me, my child and I sharing a heightened sense of joy. I savor these times and the memories are so sweet for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment