Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I did it!

I survived my first mammogram, or what I've been warmly referring to as my "mammy", and I feel like I'm king of the world.

I was in a very agitated state all day yesterday anticipating this morning. I have to say, aside from sweating profusely and fighting back tears of stress, I think I handled myself very well during the procedure. The technician did have to remind me to keep breathing, but all in all I give myself an "A" for being such a good sport. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, so perhaps it won't be as dramatic next time.

I'm just so happy to have it behind me now and come out the other side, I'm still coming down from the nerves!

2 comments:

La Rodriga said...

Good for you! I've been thinking that I need to get one, even though most doctors say I'm too young. My mom had breast cancer at 39, so I need to be on the safe side.
I have to admit that I'm not too keen on having my chest flattened like pancakes. I would probably be sweating profusely too :)

Anonymous said...

ouch