

My friend Heather is in town from Massachusetts for the week with her new baby Adison. She is my oldest friend. When I moved here in 6th grade she was the first friend I made and she's stuck with me through these 23 years. It's no small feat that she is still my friend. I was a drama mama through my teen years and she has countless letters I wrote her to prove it. We went through and read a ton of them when I visited her in August. We laughed so hard the tears came. Heather's always been solid, smart, thoughtful, and ambitious. I was emotional, extreme, flighty, and smart too, but not interested in applying myself. She balanced me out, I always knew it the whole time too. I needed her qualities and the clarity she brought to situations and perhaps she got a little from me in return too:). It's good to have old friends, they keep you grounded, keep you real.
1 comment:
I think I am older than she is. I am 51.
Post a Comment