Wednesday, December 19, 2007

First viewing of "The Christmas Story"



My favorite Christmas movie is "The Christmas Story" and I've been bidding my time for the right year to bring out the movie for the kids to enjoy. Trav had to work one night so we made some popcorn, brought out the pillows and blankets and settled in for the show. The kids loved it! They were completely glued to the screen the entire film, and it even sparked some good discussions on being nice to people, obeying your parents, eating your dinner, etc etc. Trav even caught Payton trying to lick a pole outside one very frosty morning a few days later!! Thankfully the pole wasn't too icy and it didn't work. I'm so excited to add an annual watching of this movie to our Christmas traditions each year!!

1 comment:

camelita? said...

So, I think we are doing all the same things this year! We just watched that for the first time with our kids (popcorn and blankets, too) and they loved it.