Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Sweet Times with Jonah

Trav and I have started a "stay up late night" routine with the kids where they each have their own night to stay up later than the other two. The extra time can vary between 10 minutes to a couple hours depending on our mood and exhaustion level. Davey is Monday, Jonah Wednesday, and Payton Friday. Trav is out tonight and I was so ready for 7pm bedtime and hoped that Jonah would forget to ask about staying up and just go to bed. I hold out for those few hours at the end of the day when I can just be quiet and not have anyone ask me to get them something to drink or eat, or go with them to the bathroom so I can wipe their poop. But this is Jonah we're talking about, who never forgets anything, so of course he's skipping around, "It's my stay up late night! How much time do I get??"
I let him play on the computer for a few minutes and then I sat on the couch and he immediately comes over, plops down beside me, lays down with his head in my lap and chats my ear off. We reviewed funny times when I screamed (which is more like a yelping sound when I'm caught off guard that he finds HILARIOUS), talked about school, how he's moving in with Nana Sharon and Papa Greg (he's making his own plans), gymnastics, etc.
And then I asked him what he loved about Daddy. His answer, "I just like going with him, getting a gumball, going bowling, and playing with him"
I asked about myself, his answer, "I just like going with you to the boardwalk, and going to doughnuts before school"
Sissy, "I just like it when she tells me to come play with her in the top bunk and we hide and surprise you"
And for Davey he paused, looked at me, and said, "But I just don't like Davey! He slobbers on me when he kisses me!"
I'm so thankful, even in my tiredness, that I took these few moments with Jonah. I would've missed out!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

So sweet, I just love when times like that happen. Being a mom has its hard times, but when these little moments happen it is soooo worth it!

escamillaweddings said...

i love your stories so very much!