


It's that time of year when we bust out our noko making supplies and get busy. I love doing this with the kids b/c there's virtually no mess, they can all participate, and they get so excited, and there's virtually no mess. Everybody wins! We started making these when Payton was two and she named the treats "nokos", and that's what they've remained these five years.
If you're looking for something easy, fun, and low stress with the kiddos, here's how you make them:
*Preheat oven to warm
*spread mini pretzels on a cookie sheet
*place a hersey kiss on each (the kids love to do the unwrapping and placing them on the pretzels)
*bake them for about seven minutes or until they are squishy enough to press down
*immediately press an m&m down in the middle (I always do this part b/c the pan is hot and timing is important before the chocolate hardens up again)
*let them harden up before you wrap them up
Sugar cookies are great, but I'm not always down with the pandomonium, mess, and the clean up afterwards. These are a great compromise!
2 comments:
We are totally making these while the boyos are out of school. Hey, Payton! Tell me why they're called Nokos...
We make these too! They are my favorite thing to make with the kids - namely for the no mess part of it. Plus, they are really yummy. We are planning on making them this week for teachers. I love that Payton calls them Nokos! Can we steal that?
Post a Comment