
Saturday we went to my mom's Christmas Hula Recital with the family and watched her perform two dances. She's been taking hula for two to three years now and I tear up every time I see her perform. I'm so proud of her and inspired by her passion and excitement for learning new things. It was cool to have our roles reversed and be in the audience watching and supporting my mom perform after all the years my mom did that for me as a kid growing up.
The kids got a kick out of seeing Nana up there on the stage and craned their necks to get the best view and had big smiles on their faces while watching her. The rest of the time they'd talk in loud stage whispers about "when are we gonna get snacks? Is this the last dance? I want to go outside!" All very subtle of course. Mele Kalikimaka Mom, you rock!
No comments:
Post a Comment