Monday, December 17, 2007
Poopy Days
Both the boys have had terrible days with their asthma since Saturday evening. We came home from a four hour visit in a house that lets their dogs come in and both the boys looked questionable as we were leaving. By the time we were home Davey was a mess, but Jonah not so much, we gave him benadryl right when we arrived at the house so maybe that held off some reaction till later?? We were up all night with D and pulled out our arsenal of drugs and steroids, he finally was manageable by Sunday evening and then, as if on cue, Jonah launches his full attack of mucas overload and spent the night vomiting repeatedly and receiving the drugs and roids. He even perkily counted out loud each time he threw up as if he were counting out treats or something. I think it was like nine times in about 7 minutes. I'm so tired, worn out, and a little defeated. Jonah seems to be doing better and was napping peacefully when I left the house. The boys have done so excellent so far since moving here and I feel like this came out of nowhere. We were teetering on a hospital stay I know it, but I'm so grateful it didn't come to that. It's been so long since we've had episodes like this, I thought maybe we were out of the woods, but I guess not. Plus I'm annoyed b/c we've been having more cat and dog episodes lately. I don't even want to start the list of family and friends dear to us both here and elsewhere that have house pets! Does this mean we can't come to social functions anymore with our kids? I'm so frustrated! We're becoming that family that has all of these needs to be met and protocals you need to agree to, to spend time with us. It's not what I was aspiring to as a mom. Tomorrow will be a new day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I will never forget when Mike was worried about sleeping at my aunt's house where they had a cat and dog inside. I brushed it off and said he would be okay. Boy...was I wrong! He was so miserable. I will keep being "that family" that has to have exceptions if it means Mike feeling better. No worries, Annette. People understand. And...if they don't, then just keep the kids at their house while they're throwing up :)
Hey Annette,
I'm a Grove member and started reading the blog when y'all moved. Growing up, my family was also the one that people had "protocols" for. My two sisters and I both had massive asthma and allergy attacks with cats-my sister was normally hospitalized after each episode and my Mom had to carry an oxygen tank around with her for me (this was in the 70's.) I know its hard, but your friends will adjust and your children will be fine (with weird quirks-whenever I hear a copier and the sound it makes, I think of my sister.)
Post a Comment