Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sleep


Ahh, where to begin, this little booger rules my sleep world, and he's unrelenting in not allowing me rest. I have never been a good sleeper anyway, I wake up very easily and don't go back to sleep very well. I envy Trav, Payton, and Jonah, the heavy sleepers in the family. What I wouldn't give to sleep like a rock until forced awake.
Davey gets me up anywhere from two to five times a night. Last night was a fiver. He coughs himself awake at 11:40pm, cries till he gets a "puddle" (cuddle) at 2am, has a nightmare at 3:15am, tries to climb in bed with me at 3:55am, you get the idea. Part of me knows I created this sleep monster, but I've made my bed, all I can do is lie in it now. I wake up already thinking how long it is till it's time for me to try and go back to sleep later hoping for a "good night".
It's 8:40am, I've already had a latte and my head still feels fuzzy and heavy, I just want to sleep.

1 comment:

vanth said...

Annette, you are breaking my heart. Seriously. I want you to sleep.