Thursday, February 19, 2009

I hate goodbyes


When I moved from Riverside two years ago this Saturday, the ladies I was on staff with gifted me a whole two year subscription to People magazine. WOW! I was so amazed and overwhelmed by how fun that was going to be! Pretty sure I teared up even. What a cool group of girls right?
People magazine is my guilty pleasure. I love having it arrive in my mailbox every Thursday at noon. I immediately bring it inside and "check out" of anything I was supposed to do for the next two hours and just sit and read. It's a regular part of my Thursday schedule.
All good things must come to an end. Last weeks' magazine arrived with a big paper cover screaming LAST ISSUE. Such a bummer. Today is Thursday and there was no magazine in my box, so my schedule's all messed up, I had to spend all afternoon paying bills, doing paperwork, making grocery lists, and being productive essentially. It's not the same.

1 comment:

Pnutservr said...

I so feel your pain Annette. It is one of the best perks of my job is that people buy the "good" magazines, like People and US weekly and even the trashy ones in the airport gift shop before getting on my plane. Then they read them and LEAVE them! You should hear Flight attendants in the back, "New People Row 15, its MINE" or when we change planes, the crew leaving says, "I left you some good mags in the back compartment!" SCORE!! So 15 months of maternity leave has its blessings and it's downfalls! I need a good MAGAZINE and I am not paying for it! Oh, the little things in life!