Friday, March 5, 2010

Our Boy


Last night was Jonah's musical performance at school! He was SO excited for this big day. He could not contain himself upon arriving at school, he just kept laughing and picking up everyone around him and squeezing them. Everyone expresses their joy in different ways. And can I just say he looked so handsome? He looks a bit disheveled here with his teacher, but he looked so cute in his concert duds! We all told him so several times.
We sat pretty far back in the auditorium, but you could see his dimple clear as day from where we were sitting. He could not wipe the big grin off his face, and of course I cried watching him. So proud of my baby. I cry at any kids' performance whether they're my kids or not, but especially when they're mine. He owned that stage!
We celebrated with U-Top-It after, Jonah's number one pick for any celebration. We went to bed extra late, hyped on sugar, but really happy. I told the kids when we got home to go potty and go straight to bed. Jonah quickly asked, "In my handsome clothes?!" It was a perfect evening.

1 comment:

Lane said...

Jonah is so handsome. Before you know it, he'll be wearing a caterpillar like his dad :) Where does time go? I can't believe we had our first babies a decade ago!! This stage of parenting involves watching them from afar, be who they are. I gleam w/adoration, yet my eyes fill w/tears every time!