
Baseball season officially opened yesterday with pictures, ceremonies, and games which brought us to a total sum of five hours at the ball park with our family. It was a huge chunk of time, but truly I loved it. If we were at home, we'd all be going about doing our own thing, occupied with a "to-do list". But when you're just hanging out for five hours, you have lots of silly conversations, impromptu hugs and snuggles, you have TIME. So as much as our schedule looks crazy now with two baseball schedules, I'm excited for all this hang out time with the fam and watching my kids cheer each other on and support one another. I soak it up.
Davey is completely in his element. After watching Jonah play two seasons of T-ball, he was more than ready for his turn. He has talked non-stop about his practice schedule, when his first game was, and when would he finally be getting his uniform. He was all energy and excitement wearing his big charming smile all morning.

I got a bit teary watching my Jonah run out onto the field with his team to take pictures. When did my boy get so tall and lanky? I'm so proud of the young man he's growing into, for his shy ways, his amazing mind that baffles me, and his humble heart that shows itself more and more. He did awesome in his game, his hand/eye coordination comes so easy. He gets it from me.
Totally kidding.

Davey gets his heart broken 5-7 times a day. He's such a lover and so exuberant one minute and he can be in a heap on the floor crying big crocodile tears the next. I think he was told that he couldn't play on the playground quite yet. Crushing.

Of course Payton was there to support her boys.

It was a great start to our next eight weeks of baseball. Not only are we going to be having lots of hang time together as a family, but I don't have to cook dinner anymore b/c we'll never be home. It's a win/win. Bring it!
No comments:
Post a Comment