
Yesterday I wasn't feeling very well, and I was sleeping in after a sleepless night. Payton came in at least 3x throughout the morning to kiss me on the cheek and tell me she loved me. She also made me pancakes from scratch, with no recipe! She just remembered there were eggs, flour, vanilla, sugar and sort of guessed her measurements. They were sort of crepe like in texture, and she delivered them to me in bed. She knows I drink tea every morning, but she was nervous to use the kettle on the stove. She turned on the tap as hot as possible, filled up my favorite mug, and put in a tea bag. She also delivered me my tea in bed. It was SO amazing to be loved on by my daughter in such a sweet, attentive way.
When I finally got up and started getting ready for church, she came in surprised thinking I wasn't feeling well and would stay home in bed. I told her that I thought my pancakes and tea were just what I needed, and I felt much better. She beamed from ear to ear. I'm so grateful for my girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment