Friday, January 16, 2009

Yummy Food and Driving Fast


We celebrated our anniversary Tuesday with dinner and a race. No one told me that butternut squash ravioli smothered in a creamy pesto sauce didn't mix with go-kart racing! Who would've thought? We arrived to an empty track, we had the whole place to ourselves which was so great, Billy Squire was blaring over the speaker system, Trav thought he had died and gone to heaven.

I got a little nervous gearing up, you have no peripheral vision in these helmets, I couldn't even buckle myself in.

The karts can go up to 40 miles an hour and we floored it the whole time, SO FUN!!! I loved the adrenaline rush, I loved that it took every muscle I had to drive that thing, it was amazing. Trav led for awhile and slowed to let me pass, and I got to show Trav how to corner better. Daddy you would've been proud. Sadly Trav's fastest lap beat mine by like 4/10 of a second or something. I chalk it up to the fact that I was ready to toss my dinner the last few laps and lost my edge. You would never know how physical it is to drive those things! My arms were bright red from the tension and my legs felt like jelly, my back will never be the same. Totally worth it.

We were hoping to keep our sock caps as souvenirs, maybe next time. I loved our date, I love my husband.

2 comments:

Christina said...

You're sooo lucky!!! I've always wanted to do that! I miss you guys. HOw are you? Looks like I might move to Simpson depending on if they accept me. It'd be exciting to see ya'll again. Have fun tryin' to beat trav.

vanth said...

Hey, what's the title of Billy Squire's best hit again?