Monday, January 5, 2009

Favorite Holiday Pics

The Christmas Jammy shot. I love the kids in their cozy fleece pajamas!

Davey cannot take a normal picture now, this is his signature crazy look.

I got to meet baby Kylee for the first time! And it was at BJ's pizza which makes it even more special. We were schooling her in the art of eating pazookies. She is way cute just like her mama:)

Payton and Hannah have been planning a sleep over for months now and this is a pic from the big night. Payton still talks about Hannah all the time, they seem to pick up where they leave off every time they get together, their friendship is very sweet.

More sleep over! The girls had so much fun being together, I don't think we had to referee one argument they played so well, a mom's dream come true.

Nana Love with the cousins. Payton LOVES her cousin Kendall b/c of course, in Payton's words they're "best cousins!" They made fancy girly forts that they spent the entire time defending and yelling at any boy who dared trespass, it was very restful.

When the boys still thought they had a chance at winning New Years. I love the trash talk and the terrible jokes that get thrown around, there's no better way to kick off a fresh year together!

I gave both the boys a dose of Benadryl as a pre-emptive strike against any allergies they might have from Mickey Boone the dog before going to the party. It totally backfired on me, the boys were listless and passed out totally early, hmmm, I guess you could say it totally worked for me. But I still feel sort of bad that they don't have many memories from the evening.

Davey was down within 45 minutes of arriving, he's so sweet when he's sleeping.

It was so fun to see friends and family, to walk into a room of people we love and have hours to catch up and talk. We laughed so much last week. Now back to reality and routine, and for us, continuing to get settled in our new town. I spent most of 2008 worrying about the future, where the heck would we be, what would we be doing? I did it so well, I made it a habit. I think I'm going to make 2009 about being in the moment, soaking up what I'm experiencing at the time and letting the future take care of itself.

1 comment:

Sara Anthony said...

Davey's "look" for the camera reminds me of a certain man in our family.... Dad, perhaps? A crazy face for the camera is always a safe bet.