Tuesday, January 13, 2009

This is our Year!


Thirteen is Trav's and my favorite number, not b/c "m" is the thirteenth letter of the alphabet, but b/c he proposed on Feb 13 1995, and we got married on January 13, 1996, thirteen years ago today! I've never liked even numbers. Our birthdays are both odd numbers and I was stoked when Payton was born on the 27th, and sort of bummed when Jonah and Davey landed on an 8 and a 26.
Technically, I know this last year was our thirteenth year and tomorrow begins our fourteenth, but last year was a tough one for us, making big decisions, job changes, a big move, a new community to build again, it wasn't easy! We're grateful for it, have seen God move and direct us, but we're excited to settle in this year and enjoy where he's brought us now.
So we're claiming this our big year, our thirteenth year, our lucky number year! I've loved being on this journey with Trav, he's my favorite person in the whole world, with an insane sense of humor, a passion to serve, he's positive beyond all reason, patient in almost every circumstance, secretly just as terribly competitive as I am, he works so hard for our family, he's an amazing dad who's kids adore him and want to be with him all the time, and he loves me and chose me. I was the luckiest girl thirteen years ago, I had no idea what life had in store for us, and I'm the luckiest girl today. I love you babe!! I'm totally going to kick your butt in our go-kart race tonight!!

2 comments:

lynn said...

Awwwh, Happy Anniversay Annette and Travis. 13 years sounds like a LONG time. No wonder you have so much wisdom to give :) You guys are so great. Enjoy year 14!
ps. good to know you like odd numbers...i always go for even, or 5s.

Bethany said...

Wow! I can't believe it's already been 13+ years! It feels like we were just at your wedding! Being so nervous that Steve Dunlap was going to ask me to dance with him...

Congratulations! I love you both to death and pray that I have a marriage just as amazing as yours!