
Payton picked up this beauty at the Simpson Bookstore with her own spending money before I could intervene. When she saw my mouth drop she quickly reminded me that I SAID she could spend her "spending" money on whatever she wanted. I admitted she was right and celebrated her purchase with her. She wore it on the river trail riding her razor, she wore it house hunting with us, to Dan and Alyssa's, and she tucked it under her arm for church on Sunday "just incase". Thankfully, it didn't rain at church, but I prepared myself to see her walking out of Sunday School proudly wearing it. She LOVES this thing. It's already sporting a taped up hole in the back where it tore.
Parenting is all about letting go for me. Never mind all the cute clothes she refuses to wear, she's found her statement piece, she's happy, and I've learned to smile and be happy for her:).
No comments:
Post a Comment