The kids and I have been hanging out at the creek the last few days with the recent heat wave. The world just seems a whole lot better when it's 10 degrees cooler, shady, and there's ample cold water to play in. I can't get Davey to stop drinking the creek water. He's apparently gunning for some intestinal issues. He also enjoys wading on tiptoe through water up to his neck repeatedly back and forth across the creek which requires constant supervision on my part. No more kicking back with a magazine for me! He also hung himself by the neck from a tree swing and swung out! Yes, my three year old hung himself, it was a split second of absolute horror, followed by my scream, a quick rescue, and stern instruction to never do that again. No wonder I'm tired by 8pm every day, make that 7:30pm.

3 comments:
Wow you are making it until 7:30 to put the kids to bed! I am impressed, no more are the days of 6pm... ah memories
Your posts make me laugh. I have a sneaking suspicion our kids would get along VERY well. The pictures bring back a lot of memories. I haven't thought of the river in a long time, and it makes me feel homesick for my days in the valley.
Well, I'm sorry to break it to you, but it looks like Davey would not be allowed to fight in Gideon's army.
Post a Comment