Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A Thought from Jonah


As you know from Trav's blog, our son Jonah has been writing scripture lately and today he wrote a lengthy verse. It is found in Rob 4:50

"So if you're being bad that makes God very sad so be nice to play. That makes God and Jesus very happy. So if you won't grow just eat growing food so God and Jesus like you very much and they are everywhere."

He wrote that entire thing out in like five minutes this afternoon. You can't help but question what am I teaching my child after reading something like this. Have I ever truly told him that God will like him better if he eats growing food? Would it be wrong if I did?
Jonah asks questions all the time about Jesus, why did he have to die, is he in heaven now, etc. One time he wondered if Jesus lives in our hearts b/c he wants to eat the food out of our stomachs. I love his innocence and natural curiosity about God, it's humbling to share in his journey of understanding who God is.

On a sad note, I made him cry to today when I beat him at speed. I mean come on, I keep it pretty even, I let him win 2/3 of the time, but today I beat him 2 games to one and he lost it. He threw the cards and collapsed into my lap crying about how he just wanted to win. He tossed out a "I hate losing!" and stomped off. I've created a monster.
We'll do it again tomorrow.

1 comment:

Old Skool said...

You'll be able to comfort Jonah...you know a thing or two about LOSING! (Boo-YAH)